H-Series by AFL Hyperscale is the first modular connectivity solution developed with colocation data centers in mind. The H-Series future-proofs colocation fiber networks, speeds up deployment time, lowers the cost of installation, reduces network complexity and increases revenue by leaving more space for customers along with the capability to bring them online faster than ever.
Designed for shallow-depth applications, the H-Series takes up less floor space, comprising easy-to-install, <300mm housings that can be mounted in shallow-depth racks or bayed back-to-back in a 600mm cabinet.
With integrated top and bottom cable management and high-density cassettes available in various options, the H-Series creates a rich environment for interconnection across all areas of the data hall.
Across the globe, the H-Series is forming the foundation for flexible, scalable networks capable of delivering fiber to every corner of the data hall or customer area with ease and efficiency.
For a network your business can depend upon, the H-Series can form part of a 25-year warrantied network when installed by an AFL Hyperscale Installation Partner or accredited site engineer.
7RU Housing Overview
The AFL Hyperscale H-Series Housing is a 7RU unit, incorporating integrated top and bottom, incoming and outgoing cable management. With room for up to 24 H-Series Cassettes, enough for 576 LC connections, the housing can scale as your network grows, or be used fully populated in a full-scale deployment.
The H-Series Housing is 19” rack-mountable and made from aluminum-alloy, making it strong, lightweight, and easily installed by one person. Front-access only and shallow-depth (<300mm), the H-Series is perfect for network upgrades or refreshes in data center or telecom environments.
A flat front door protects installed assemblies and provides a blank canvas for exterior custom labeling although a comprehensive port labeling table is provided on the inside of the door. Small, magnetic door catches and a hinged bottom ensure secure, reliable access to cassettes and assemblies.
Cable entry can be made from the left or right of the housing with 0.75RU of cable management at the top for typically high fiber count cables and 1.25RU cable management at the bottom for patch cord routing. Integrated cable management protects the bend radius of incoming and outgoing fibers to ensure optimum network performance whilst providing the means for effective cable management and arrangement.
- Easy access to add, remove, or swap different H-Series cassettes
- Strong, lightweight aluminum alloy housing for one-person installation
- Space for 24 H-Series cassettes, scale as you grow or available fully populated
- Housing is 7RU in total, 576 LC ports in 5RU of space with 2RU integrated cable management
- Magnetic catch on front door, reduced risk of mechanical failure
- Flat matte face for custom labeling requirements
- Interior port label template
- Cable management at base protects fiber bend radius on outbound patching
- Front-access top cable management for inbound cables or cable assemblies
- Suitable for use in a shallow rack environment (<300mm)
H-Series cassettes are available in a wide range of configurations for multiple applications, including patching, splicing, or fan-outs. The H-Series is unique in that all fiber access is at the front of the cassette.
Populated cassettes are loaded with high-performance, premium assemblies and are available in single-mode and multimode fiber types. H-Series cassettes are compatible with H-Series housings and can be securely installed and removed with snap-in rivets.
Lightweight aluminum, strong and slim cassette profile
Segregated incoming and outgoing fiber access for efficient installation and maintenance
Easily removable screws for splicing or loading cable
Easily accessible LC and MPO adapters available
Front-loading cassettes only with secure mounting and unmounting clips
24f LC Ribbon/Single Splice Cassette
MPO – LC Cassette
4RU Housing and Splice-Though Cassette Overview
The H-Series 4RU Housing and Splice-Through Cassette breaks down high-fiber counts to low-fiber counts for distribution across the data hall.
The 19-inch, rack-mountable housing’s shallow depth frees up valuable floor space, while integrated cable management frees up rack space. True to H-Series form, housings and cassettes are 100% front access, with room for up to 24 click-and-release H-Series Splice-Through Cassettes, so customers can scale their network as they grow.
With the potential to distribute up to 1,152 ribbon fibers across 24 x 48 ribbon fiber splice cassettes, installation times can be reduced by 40% when used with Fujikura SpiderWeb Ribbon® (SWR®) fiber cable and mass-fusion splicer when compared to single fiber splicing.
- Suitable for use in a shallow-rack environment (<300mm)
- Strong, lightweight for one-person installation
- Housing is 4RU in total with integrated cable management top and bottom
- All-front access allows flush mounting against a wall, maximizing data center floor space
- Scale as you grow with space for 24 4RU H-Series Splice Through Cassettes
- Each cassette holds a maximum of 48 ribbon fibers or 24 single fibers