Willen Hospice Furniture Store

Willen Hospice provides specialist end-of-life care for adults, focusing on four key areas: specialist symptom control, emotional support, spiritual support and care for carers.

Often the most distressing aspect of living with life-limiting illnesses is the types of pain and symptoms which can arise. Their team of dedicated staff and volunteers can give compassionate, specialist support to patients and their family members, to help deal with the physical and emotional effects of both their illness and treatments.

Working closely with GPs, hospitals, community nursing staff and social workers they strive to ensure that their specialist care is practical, informed and supportive at all levels.

On Thursday 20th September, four volunteers from out Milton Keynes office went along to the Willen Hospice Furniture store to help arrange the shop, move furniture, sort through books and general organizing and tidying.

Willen Hospice were very grateful for our help. In order for them to continue to offer their care, they need to raise around £9 every minute from the local community.

Their services are free to those they care for, but to continue to offer that care they need to raise around £4.7million every year.

The annual running costs of the Hospice is around £5.9 million – they are very grateful to have 22% of these costs met by the NHS. The remaining 78% needs to be raised from the local community and without the support, dedication and generosity of people just like you, they couldn't provide the care we do.