Associates Worldwide Volunteer 1,200 Hours
SPARTANBURG, SC – November 28, 2018 – AFL associates around the world, including AFL Hyperscale employees, took part in our annual Month of Service, a global initiative that encourages associates to give back to their communities as a part of AFL’s Community Outreach Program. Associates engaged with service projects they are passionate about, and through this outreach AFL was able to help people in need all over the globe. AFL associates volunteered a total of 1,190 hours of their time during our Month of Service this year.
Here’s a small snapshot of how AFL associates participated around the world:
- In Belmont, NH associates took part in the United Way Day of Caring and volunteered their time at the Hands Across the Table Dinner.
- Lebenshilfe Mönchengladbach, an association that serves those with mental disabilities, received assistance from associates in Mönchengladbach, Germany when they hosted “Oktoberfest.”
- A group of volunteers in Milton Keynes, UK volunteered at Willen Hospice Furniture Store, took part in World’s Biggest Coffee Morning to support MacMillan Cancer Support, refurbished a room at Monkston Primary School and helped with a garden cleanup at MK Snap.
- A food drive to support Manna 4 Life, a mobile food van and food service organization, was held by associates in Australia.
- Associates in Monroe, NC held a canned food and coat drive and also volunteered at several local soup kitchens.
- Eight organizations including Hope Remains Ranch, Habitat for Humanity Spartanburg, Habitat for Humanity Greenville, Palmetto Conservation, Greer Relief, Middle Tyger Community Center, Hope Center for Children and TreesGreenville were supported by Spartanburg associates.
- In Swindon, UK many associates gave their time to take part in the Wiltshire Air Ambulance bake-off, volunteer at Prospect Hospice and contribute to a food drive for Swindon Food Collective.
- Associates in Monterrey, Mexico took part in a project for a local kindergarten and with a senior home in the community.
- Veterans Inc., of Worcester County was aided by associates in North Grafton, MA when they joined together to host a coat drive.
AFL Hyperscale is proud to be part of AFL’s Community Outreach Program. Our Month of Service is just a small way for us to support causes close to our hearts and to give back to our communities.
AFL’s extensive Community Outreach Program includes grants, sponsorships, associate engagement projects, disaster relief and more. For additional information on AFL Hyperscale and our community work, read our Community News.
About AFL Hyperscale:
We create and deliver scalable and innovative network infrastructure solutions
A global leader in fiber optic technology, AFL Hyperscale brings together over 70 years of design and manufacturing expertise to create next generation, end to end connectivity solutions for all data center, telecom and enterprise networks.
Using a consultative approach we bring responsiveness, innovation, and scalability to the forefront of our solutions with the aim of innovating network connectivity forever.
AFL Hyperscale. The World, Connected.
Name: Angela Bowyer
Role: Customer and Community Manager
Organization: AFL Hyperscale
Address: Davy Avenue, Knowlhill, Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, MK5 8HJ, UK
Phone: +44 (0) 1908 441 144